I think the Tantus Perfect Plug should be called the “Tantus Perfect Plug for Complete & Total Beginners” (maybe “My First Butt Plug”….? No? Ok.). Seriously, though this is a GREAT plug for butt n00bs. In fact, this was my first butt plug, and I have no regrets.
Confessions of an Anal N00b
Though I was curious & excited to try an anal plug, I was a little bit intimidated by most butt toys. I knew I had a smaller than average vagina, and it seemed reasonable that my anus/rectum might be on the more petite side as well. So, I set out to find the least intimidating anal toy I could. I also wanted something reasonably priced, in case I decided that anal play was just not my thing.
Now, I am going to just come clean and admit this. I was terrified (!) of having a toy slip into my anus accidentally. The thought of an embarrasing trip to the emergency room to have a toy pulled out of my ass petrified me. In fact, this is one of the reasons I steered clear of anal toys for so long. But, curious kitten that I am, sooner or later I knew I’d have to try an anal toy out.
I did my homework about anal play first, & I learned that all anal toys need to have a flared base in order to be safe. Since I was feeling so afraid (almost to the point of being unreasonable), I knew I would want something extra-safe just to put my mind at ease. I didn’t want just ANY old flared base. I wanted the BIGGEST, safest flared base I could find–something I knew would NEVER be able to get accidentally sucked in.
When I spotted the Perfect Plug, I knew I had found just what I was looking for. The base was long & curved and really put me at ease. Non-toxic material was a must, & platinum silicone fit the bill. Best of all, it was a size that didn’t scare me completely to death. At about a finger-width, it seemed reasonable. I also liked the tapered shape, and I figured that would really help it slide in. The Perfect Plug looked…well, perfect. So, I decided to take the plunge.
Even Better Than I Expected
When the plug arrived, I was not disappointed. In fact, I was surprised & delighted by something I never expected. The Perfect Plug has the most amazing(!) velvety-soft finish that is unlike any other toy I own (even other toys by Tantus). The texture may be soft, but the overall toy is very firm & still easy to insert. It’s flexible, but not TOO flexible.
I tried it out, and boy was I hooked! As it turns out, this really was the right plug for my first time with an anal toy. I appreciated the tapered end, and it was smart to start with something small. The wide base made me feel safe, and it was quite comfortable to wear. After a couple of times using the plug, I found that I could easily & quickly slip it in without much hassle. This made it perfect to pop in before yoga class, running errands, or out walking the dog.
The (Almost) Perfect Plug
Is the Perfect Plug really perfect? Well…close, but not quite. Although I love this plug & think it was a great purchase, it’s not the only plug I’ll ever want or need. As I wore it more & more, I noticed that my body began to crave something with larger girth. I also noticed that, while walking or moving around was wonderful, I don’t enjoy it as much sitting still for long periods. To me, the pointed end starts to feel a little uncomfortable & pokey after awhile.
Also, it is not the ideal toy for me to have in during sex. The long base protrudes about .5″ over the opening of my vagina, and sometimes feels in the way (to be fair, though, sometimes snagging the base actually rocks the plug around and can sometimes feel good too).
To be completely honest, I don’t wear the Perfect Plug now as much as I used to. For the most part, I have moved on up to larger plugs. Be that as it may, I haven’t completely abandoned the Perfect Plug. In fact, it’s still quite useful to me. It’s nice to have something small for when I’m in a hurry that I just want to pop right in without any warm-up, fuss, or muss. I also use it to warm up for larger toys.
It may not be 1000% perfect & it’s probably not the only anal plug you’ll ever buy, but it’s still a mighty good toy.
- Velvety-soft finish that feels AMAZING
- The same high quality, body-safe silicone that I have come to expect from Tantus
- At about a fingers’ width, this toy is a good size for a beginner–especially if you’re nervous
- Small, pointed end really helps it go in easily
- Is flexible enough to be comfortable, but still firm enough to easily insert
- Base is comfy to wear & is large enough to make you feel extra safe & secure. There are zero worries that this toy will accidentally be pulled all the way into the body.
- Small enough to quick & easily slide in. Good as a warm-up toy.
- Long, narrow, flexible base is very comfy to wear. Great for every day use.
- This is the toy that got me hooked on anal plugs!
Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying
- The small end helps you with insertion, but if you’re not careful it can poke. Go slow while you are still figuring out how to navigate around the curves of your body.
- To me, the pointed end starts to feel pokey if I sit for long periods of time. I like it better for walking & movement.
- If you’re like me, you may find over time that you crave something larger. Depending on the size of your anatomy, you might outgrow this one quickly.
- If you have a smaller perineum, the base of the plug may protrude out over part of your vaginal opening. You might like the feeling of snagging the plug, or you might find it to be a nuisance. For me, it’s a little of both.
- It’s an attractive plug, but only comes in purple & black. Hopefully someday Tantus will make other colors available too.