Let’s face it, buying a good-quality sex toy can be a $eriously expen$ive inve$tment. Worth every penny? Absolutely! But sometimes you just don’t have the $$$ in your budget. So what can you do if you’re running a little short on ca$h? Well, don’t despair! There are some decent body safe options out there. The Crystal G is one possibility. However, there is one caveat, which we’ll get to in a bit.
Glass is Gooood!
I’ve always been fond of glass toys. Why? Not only are they easy to sterilize & keep clean (they don’t attract hair or lint–yay!). Glass toys are also so slick & smooth you can usually get away with using little to no lube. Because glass is waterproof, they are the perfect toys to use for squirting or if you just want to lie back & relax in the tub.
One of the best things about the Crystal G is that it’s made from borosilicate glass (the same kind of glass that Pyrex is made from). This means you can easily sterilize it by boiling, or even just throw it in the dishwasher.
So How Does it Feel?
The Crystal G’s deep curve and knobbly shape feels really good. You can use either end of the toy, and I like them equally well for different reasons. I like to use the smallest end as a massage tool to release knots & tension from my pelvic floor (and I’ve used it more than once on the knots in my neck!). I like to use the larger end & the knobs for G-spot stimulation.
But It’s Less Expensive for a Reason….
The Crystal G does have a downside that I think is a bit of a bummer. The curly leaf design is printed on the OUTSIDE of the glass. Over the 3+ years I’ve owned it, the design has started to wear away in places. Not only does it make the toy look a little ragged, but I’ve often wondered about the safety of the paint particles. Sure the glass is body safe, but are those little particles something that I want hanging around in my vagina? What are they made of? Your guess is as good as mine. I really wish the design were blown into the glass the way many other toys are done.
Notes for Newbies
If you are new to sex toys, please keep something in mind. If you are expecting a girthy toy, the Crystal G is NOT what you are looking for (My measurements show that is 1″ diameter across the wide nubs, and 3/4″ across the more slender end). I’ve read customer reviews where people were disappointed when they discovered that it didn’t fill them up. Please keep in mind that filling you up is not what this toy is designed to do! G-spot wands like this one are designed for targeted deep pressure, circles, and come-hither-type motions on the G-spot (and the other in-the-vagina yummy spots like the A-spot, perineal sponge, etc.).
- Less expensive than many body-safe toys
- Borosilicate glass is non-toxic, non-porous, and easy to clean, sterilize and disinfect
- The bumpy nubs and large rounded end give good firm pressure on the G-spot
- The smaller end provides even deeper, more intense pressure. It works really well for releasing muscle knots in the pelvic floor (or anywhere else, for that matter)
- Because glass is so slick and smooth, it requires little to no lube
- Like all glass, the Crystal G is waterproof. This makes it the perfect toy for squrting or just a relaxing soak in the tub.
- The leaf design is printed on the OUTSIDE of the glass. After a couple of years’ use, the design on mine is starting to wear off in places. Is the printed-on design also body safe material? Your guess is as good as mine.