Oh, the poor anus. It gets such a bum rap. It’s the butt of all jokes. I really don’t mean to be anal here….but(t), after all the disgust, disrespect, and general disparagement that gets thrown its way, I wanted to find a toy that was good for my psyche. I wanted to find a toy that would make my anus feel….well, PRETTY. Enter Crystal Delights.
Luck of the Draw: Mystery Box Special
Since this was my first Crystal Delights toy, I decided to save myself some cash and try the Mystery Box Special. I had no way of knowing what I would get, and I have to admit, that was a little exciting. I was secretly hoping for a jeweled plug of some kind, preferably in their small (1.3″ diameter) size with a shorter length stem. As luck would have it, I got EXACTLY what I wanted….well, almost.
When the package arrived, I couldn’t wait to get it home and find out what was inside. There, wrapped neatly in its black padded bag, was the Frosted Delight. I couldn’t believe my luck! It was the right size, the right length… The lovely green jewel caught the light as I pulled it out of the bag, and my bedazzled brain could form only one coherent thought:
My next thought was,
Ummmmm…….is the crystal……off center?!! Noooooooo!
Yes, sadly, it’s true. The crystal is not perfectly centered, and perfectionist that I am, that makes me just a teensy bit sad. But, considering how much I love every single other thing about this toy, I’ll get over it.
The truth is, I can’t complain TOO much. I suspect that this little imperfection is the reason that I was able to get this (otherwise gorgeous) plug for $59.99 instead of the $99.00 that it would have normally cost. Honestly, I’m grateful for the Mystery Box. It’s nice to be able to save some cash and still get a decent toy. In the long run, this little blemish is really not so bad, especially for the price. Even with a slightly lopsided crystal, it’s still quite lovely.
Sure, It’s Pretty, But How Does It Feel?
Before I had the chance to test the Frosted Delight out, the base had me a little worried. Would the hard, round base be uncomfortable to wear? I didn’t even consider that it could work for everyday. I had resigned myself to the fact that this would probably be a “dress-up” plug only—one that I saved just for special occasions and hot dates. Honestly, this plug was so pretty that I would have even been OK with that.
And then, I tried it out… Wow!
My worries were totally unfounded, I have never been happier to be so wrong! To my delight, the rounded base was VERY comfortable–WAY more comfortable than I expected it to be. In fact, I think that it is equally as good for daily wear as my silicone plugs, including the “ergonomic” ones with long, skinny bases. Even better still, the base does not block or cover any portion of the opening of my vagina the way some of my other plugs do. Yay! That makes this plug just as good to use during sex as it is to wear throughout the day.
The stem length (2.8″ insertable) is just right for me to sit comfortably for long periods of time. It doesn’t have the pokey feeling that longer plugs have sometimes. At 3.4 oz, it’s also heavier for its size than a silicone plug would be. To me, that’s a good thing because it really helps me feel the plug. I’m also a fan of the tapered shape that makes it smooth and easy to go in. I have to say that this little frosty guy has become one of my very favorites.
Sugar Frosting, Baby!
I love frosted glass so much! There is one thing, however, that you should keep in mind if you’re considering getting the frosted glass. It looks gorgeous, but it is not nearly as slick and smooth as regular glass. Why? Because the outside has been sanded down in order to create the frosted effect. While it is slightly more grabby than regular glass would be, I don’t find it to be a problem. It reminds me a lot of the texture of silicone. Like silicone, it just needs a little more lube than regular glass. Again, not a problem, but I do think that it is something that you should be aware of before you buy it.
One other random FYI about the frosted glass: when you moisten or lube the plug, the glass (not the gem) becomes more translucent. To me, the plug looks equally pretty either way.
Like all toys made from borosilicate glass, the Frosted Delight is non-toxic, non-porous and body safe.
- Yay for sparkly! Like pretty jewelry for my bum 🙂
- The round base is way more comfy than it looks, and the stem is the perfect length if you’re going to be sitting for long periods
- The tapered shape makes for nice, easy insertion
- Glass is heavy for its size and gives you a good amount of sensation
- Temperature play enthusiasts: it’s made of the same kind of glass as Pyrex, and can be heated or chilled with warm/cold water.
- The base doesn’t cover or block the vagina, making it just as good for sex as it is for everyday wear
- When it comes to body safe, non-porous, non-toxic toys, you can’t go wrong with borosilicate glass
Things to Consider Before You Buy
- Frosted glass is not as slick and smooth as regular glass. It has a (very) mild drag that feels more like silicone than like regular glass. I don’t find this to be a problem at all, just something you should be aware of before you buy. Use plenty of lube!
- Do NOT boil the plug! It could damage the sparkly jewel, and that would be a sad, sad day indeed
- You might like the Mystery Box Special if: 1. You want to save some $$$. 2. You aren’t picky about which toy they send you. 3. You are willing to cut the toy some slack for not being 100% visually perfect.